Though technological advancements have helped enterprises to fast track business success, it has led to the rise of security breach incidents. Besides, the concept of BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) made popular by the consumerization of IT has made security a great challenge. This is because as employees bring different devices of their choice to the office for accessing the corporate network ensuring data protection becomes a herculean task. Thus, in order to protect the corporate network from being exposed to outsiders and prevent data leakage, enterprises must put in place good secure remote access solutions.
One of the means of ensuring secure access in enterprises is VPN (Virtual Private Network). A VPN provides a private network and its resources across public networks like the Internet. Enterprises must collaborate with solution providers who offer SSL VPNs that enable anytime, anywhere secure remote access to business applications. With the solution, employees, partners, customers, contractors and guests can quickly and securely access the resources and applications for which they are authorized from a common Web browser. The SSL VPN remote access solution enables enterprises and service providers to rapidly address immediate secure access requirements while laying a foundation for expanded capability should the need arise.The versatility and granular control for a range of users from any Bring Your Own Device - BYOD and any location is what SSL VPN offers the clientele.
Here is a look at some of the important features of a best of the breed SSL VPN remote access solution.
· Anytime, anywhere browser-based secure remote access enables increased productivity for employees, partners, tenants, customers, contractors and guests
· Up to 3.2 Gbps throughput, 128,000 concurrent users and 500,000 users on a single access gateway appliance for maintaining security and driving productivity at scale
· 256 virtual SSL VPN portals on a single appliance, customizable to the security and usability preferences of multiple tenants and communities of interest
· Per-user policy engine for identity-based access to URLs, files, networks and applications
· Controlled access from managed and un-managed devices including desktops, laptops, tablets and smart phones
· Cross-platform support for a range of operating systems and browsers
· Range of access methods including Web, Layer-3 and client-server connectivity
· High-performance 1024, 2048 and 4096-bit SSL encrypted communications
· Endpoint security including host-checking, cache cleaning and adaptive policies
· Supports a range of AAA and dual-factor authentication schemes
· No pre-installed clients; eliminates firewall and network traversal issues common to traditional VPNs
· Familiar CLI and WebUI for ease of configuration and management
· Provides encrypted connectivity and end-point security, and offers industry-leading scalability and price-performance
SSL VPNs strike the perfect balance of productivity and security and with the remote access solution enterprises can increase productivity while maintaining security and compliance.